ravinder tulsiani trainer
ravinder tulsiani learning and development pro
Key Elements of Succession Planning
1. Assessment of Key Positions:
- What are the competencies and experiences needed to qualify for each key position?
2. Identification of Key Talent:
- Typically people at the top two levels of the organization and high potential employees one level below.
- Identified by their management’s assessment of their performance and potential for advancement.
3. Assessment of Key Talent:
For each person on the radar screen, primary development needs are identified focusing on what they need in order to be ready for the next level.
4. Generation of Development Plans:
- A development plan is prepared for how we will help the person develop over the next year.
5. Development Monitoring & Review
- An annual or semi-annual succession planning review is held to review progress of key talent and to refresh or revise their development plan.